Hypertext Narrative

My life as a Psychologist

My life as a Psychologist

A hypertext narrative by

Karelle Guay

Created with

The Virtual Writing Tutor Grammar Checker

Next

Word count: 1623

Choice count: 14

Section count: 15

Image count: 14

Error count: 0

Field Related Analysis

Education : 50 matches

(behavior, choice, compensation, don, down, first, learned, level, motivation, private, research, school, student, students, training, university)

Law : 36 matches

(absence, aggression, answer, arrested, bar, compensation, contact, criminal, death, government, harassment, hostage, inmate, misconduct, mortgage, offer, office, place of, price, private, rehabilitation)

Corrections-Technology : 20 matches

(addiction, criminals, homeless, inmate, inmates, mental health, prison, rehabilitation, sentenced, sexual)

Target Structure: (40 matches)

background check (1 match)

compensation (2 matches)

dead-end job (1 match)

deter (1 match)

drawback (1 match)

drudgery (1 match)

flirtation (1 match)

foot in the door (1 match)

fulfillment (1 match)

in-depth (1 match)

income (1 match)

ins-and-outs (1 match)

intern (2 matches)

internship (1 match)

invaluable (1 match)

lack of (1 match)

learned the ropes (1 match)

leave of absence (1 match)

maddening (1 match)

misconduct (1 match)

more often (1 match)

mortgage (1 match)

office politics (2 matches)

ojt (1 match)

on-the-job-training (1 match)

overtime (1 match)

overwhelmed (1 match)

compensation package (1 match)

pension (1 match)

premium wage (1 match)

purpose (1 match)

put aside (1 match)

retirement (1 match)

set aside (1 match)

sexual harassment (1 match)

more often than not (1 match)

though (1 match)

thoughtful (1 match)

undermine (1 match)

wage (2 matches)

Next

My life as a Psychologist

Hard decisions.

Today was a very special day. I was dealing with a lot of anxiety because I had to decide my university for next year. I have been dreaming of going to McGill University my whole life, but I am not sure it is the right decision anymore. I know UQAM is less expansive than McGill, and I don't want to be in-depth so, I should probably go to UQAM. I really can't make up my mind. It is a big decision, it will probably change my life forever. What should I do?

Choice 1 : Go to McGill.

Choice 2 : Go to UQAM.

Confused

Go to McGill.

My six years of studies in McGill were the best! First of all, while I was an intern in a private practice at my second year, I met the love of my life. His name is Steven, and I love him so much. He is the most thoughtful person I know, and he also is so intelligent. He also was an intern when we first met, but he was in his last year. So, he helped be a lot during my internship by giving me invaluable advice. Also, going to McGill helped me get a foot in the door in the Psychology Department. Now that I have my Ph.D in Psychology, I don't know where I should go work. Should I stay to work in the PD with my boyfriend since I already learned the ropes or should I accept my dream job?

Choice 1 : Work for McGill's Psychology Department.

Choice 2 : Accept the offer to my dream job.

McGill University

Go to UQAM.

My six years of studies were awful. First of all, during my first year, I got really sick, and I almost stopped school. When I started feeling better, I was already overwhelmed with all the work I had to do to get back on the same level as the other students. But, the worst drawback was my mental health. I had a lack of motivation, and I felt depressed. During my third year at UQAM, I endured sexual harassment by another student. It was really bad. Even though it was hard, I kept working hard, and I finally graduated. It was an awful experience, but I think it helped me become a stronger person, and I am super proud of myself. Now it's time to work and use my Ph.D in the work world. But, I don't know where I should apply.

Choice 1 : Work as a psychologist in a prison.

Choice 2 : Work as a psychologist in a private practice.

UQAM

Work for McGill's Psychology Department.

I decided to stay in McGill to work with the Psychology Department and do research on criminal behavior. After a year, I realized that it was a dead-end job. Because I didn't felt any kind of fulfillment, I became depressed, and I took a leave of absence. My boyfriend and I started to get into more and more fights. More often than not, it was my fault. After two months, he decided to leave me and date my best friend. I always knew there was something between them, but I never thought he would leave me for her. I was devastated, I started to drink heavily, and I lost my job.

Choice 1 : Apply for a job as a waitress.

Choice 2 : Go to rehabilitation.

drinking problem

Accept the offer to my dream job.

My dream job was to work as a psychologist with the police. I always dreamed of doing this job and this day finally came. I was super excited to start. During my first week with the SPVM, I did an intensive on-the-job-training. I learnt the ins-and-outs and the office politics, which were very strict. The drudgery of this job was insane. I had to do a lot of overtime, but I had a great compensation package. The wage was a good compensation as well. After two months of OJT, my boss told me that I was ready to help the officers with some difficult calls. I know it could be dangerous, but I feel ready. My boyfriend tried to deter me from going because he is scared for me.

Choice 1 : Go with the officers.

Choice 2 : Listen to my boyfriend and stay in the office.

SPVM

Work as a psychologist in a prison.

Working in a prison wasn't what it thought it would be. My first year was really interesting. I learned a lot about criminals and their mental health. But, something really bad happened. I had a misconduct, a really big one. One of the inmates, Jack, came into my office for a consultation. I thought he was really handsome, but I knew the office politics : I couldn't have any type of flirtation with him. I was seeing him a few times a week, and I slowly fell in love with him. It wasn't on purpose, but it happened. I didn't want it to undermine my work. So, I had to do something.

Choice 1 : Apply for another job and stay away from him.

Choice 2 : Stay with him and fight for my love.

inmate

Work as a psychologist in a private practice.

Before I got the job in this private practice, they had to analyse my background check to see if I fit in. At first, it was nice, and I liked my coworkers. But, as time passed, I realized that they were always talking behind each other's back. This caused a lot of drama, it was so maddening. I wanted to stay because I was earning a premium wage, and it was possible to set aside a lot of money for my retirement while paying for my mortgage. I didn't work for the government, I knew my pension wouldn't be a lot, so I wanted to put aside enough money. But, I couldn't deal with all the drama and their bad attitude. One day, during a party organised by my boss to help with the team's chemistry, one of my coworkers thought I was flirting with her boyfriend, so she started yelling at me. I said that I was just being nice to him. She then grabbed a chair and threw it at me. I woke up the next day in the hospital with a bad concussion.

Choice 1 : Find the girl and get my revenge.

Choice 2 : Quit my job and find another place of work.

ambulance

Apply for a job as a waitress.

I got the job as a waitress, but I still had a drinking problem. So, sometimes I didn't remember that I had to go to work. They fired me, and I became homeless because I didn't have any income.

Write a choice here.

homeless

Go to rehabilitation.

I went to rehab for six months and came out clean. I was super happy and excited to feel better. I started working as a nail technician, but then I went to a bar with some of my coworkers. The temptation was too strong, so I drank a whole bottle of Tequila. I fell into addiction again and went back to rehab.

Write a choice here.

bar

Go with the officers.

I decided to go with the officers to answer a call about an abusive husband who was holding his wife a hostage. When we got there, I talked with, and I helped him calm down. Everything went amazing, we got him to free her, and I received an honorific price after that.

Write a choice here.

hostage

Listen to my boyfriend and stay in the office.

I decided to listen to my husband and stay in the office, because we both thought it was too dangerous for me to be in contact with criminals. I was working on some files when I heard some noises coming from the front desk. So, I went to see what was happening and saw an armed man yelling at everyone. I started running back to my office, but he shot me, and I died.

Write a choice here.

Apply for another job and stay away from him.

I decided to quit my job and not tell anyone about what happened between me and Jack. I stayed with my boyfriend, and I found another job in another prison. I was still thinking about him, but I knew it would always be an impossible love story.

Write a choice here.

heart break

Stay with him and fight for my love.

I decided to stay and tried to make it work. I left my boyfriend, I told him I didn't love him anymore. One day, I was with Jack in my office, and my boss came in. He saw us kissing and immediately called the police. I was arrested, and sentenced for five years in prison. After two years in prison, I got into a fight with another inmate, and she stabbed me to death.

Write a choice here.

Find the girl and get my revenge.

When I started feeling better, I decided it was time for me to get my revenge over this girl. While she was in prison for four months for aggression, I found her boyfriend and made him fall in love with me. When she got out of prison, she saw that I stole her boyfriend. That was the sweetest revenge ever.

Write a choice here.

Quit my job and find another place of work.

I decided that it was a better idea to quit this job and find another one. I never thought revenge was a good solution. So, I found another job in another private practice where people were amazing. There was no drama, everyone was super nice.

Write a choice here.

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés